I am a Principal Software Engineer at EBSCO Information Services in the Services Engineering Group where I am the Search Technologies Lead working on improvements to our search engine and expanding multilingual support across the search stack.
Some of my publications and presentations are available online.
Some of my interests include, in no particular order:
- Spending time with my wife, kids, and dog
- Reading (history, foreign fiction, biography, sci-fi, fantasy)
- Studying (human) languages, living and dead (Old Norse and Middle Welsh right now.)
- Photography (primarily medium format, but am dabling in large format and still use 35mm.) I have not jumped on the digital bandwagon, though once in a while I'll use my wife's digital camera.
- Listening to music in a variety of styles, from beboop to hip-hop, death metal to jpop.
- Programming language design and implementation. After spending almost six years professionally working on programming languages at Symantec and Thinking Machines, I've recovered enough to dabble again.
Here are some links to things of no interest to anyone:
- My GitHub account
- My (rarely updated) Blog
- My Facebook page
- Python for Linguistics Programming (largely obsolete since I don't use Python any more)
- My del.icio.us bookmarks
- My LinkedIn Profile
If you want to communicate with me securely, here is my GPG public key. The finger print is:
5819 1940 26C1 C384 F7E6 478E 611E B7AD 0030 3DBF
I'm a Vermonter, and proud of it.